Sunday, May 10, 2015

"Animaniacs" Recording Session: April 11, 1995

I doodled the faces of Yakko, Wakko and Dot during the voice recording (and singing) session for "The Big Wrap Party" segment of Animaniacs at Monterey Post in Burbank, California, back on April 11, 1995.  Hard to believe it was 20 years ago!   




I tend to draw during almost every recording session, so these sketches aren't unusual.  What's unique about this set of doodles is that I had everyone at the session sign it.  

So, scattered around these notepad drawings of Yakko, Wakko and Dot are the signatures of just a few of the people who gave voice and sound to the "Animaniacs" series:  engineers Harry Andronis and Patrick Rodman; recording assistant Kelly Foley; casting director Leslie Lamers;  voice director Andrea Romano;  series composer and music director Richard Stone; and the voices of Yakko, Wakko and Dot, namely Rob Paulsen, Jess Harnell and Tress MacNeille.  What a group!  I feel very fortunate to have worked with these great talents, and so glad to continue working with Rob, Jess and Tress, among others, on Disney's "The 7D." 

11 comments:

  1. Here's the kind of question only I would ask.....Did they call you all back to record the "New Years Party" variant of this song, or did you cover it in the same session?

    Also, Tress is frigging awesome and underused today. She's basically the female Phil Hartman -- she can say completely serious things and get you to laugh just by the tone of her voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter -- I transferred my home movies to digital recently -- and turns out I videotaped this final ADR "Auld Lang Syne" Histeria recording session with Frank Welker, Tress, Rob, Billy, Lorainne, etc. Will post it in near future.

      Delete
    2. Peter -- I transferred my home movies to digital recently -- and turns out I videotaped this final ADR "Auld Lang Syne" Histeria recording session with Frank Welker, Tress, Rob, Billy, Lorainne, etc. Will post it in near future.

      Delete

  2. Who directed "Buster and Babs Go Hawaiian"?

    Who designed the Warners, Mr. Plotz, Dr. Scratchansniff, the Nurse, Ralph, Skippy & Slappy, Walter Wolf, Sid the Squid, and Beaney the Bison?

    Who other than Bruce Timm designed characters on Freakazoid?

    Did Bruce Timm design Julie Bruin, or was it someone else, and if so, who?

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask who directed "Buster & Babs Go Hawaiian"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We (Kids WB) called the actors/singers back in to do the New years version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this part of the article. with an interesting topic has helped a lot of people who don.t challenge things that people should know. Let me keep this page, an introductory greeting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Your Blog Tom. Long Time Fan Of Pinky And The Brain. Tiny Toon Adventures And Animaniacs. I Got The Movies Tiny Toon Adventures How I Spent My Summer Vacation Plus Animaniacs Wakko's Wish On VHS And DVD. Plus I Got Rug Rats Animaniacs And One The Simpsons Comic Books. My Question Is Why Don't Animaniacs Pinky And The Brain And Tiny Toon Adventures Don't Come On TV Anymore. Thanks For Creating Great Cartoons And Congratulations To Rob Paulsen. Tress MacNeille. Jess Harnell. Bernadette Peters. And Maurice Lamarche. For Voicing Yakko Wakko Dot Warner. Rita The Cat. And The Brain On Both Animaniacs And In The Animaniacs Movie Wakko's Wish. From Tiffany.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell Rob Paulsen That I Hope He Had A Great New Years Day And That I Hope He Has A Great Birthday On 03/11/2016 Also Could You Ask Him If He Got The Fan Mail Letter I Mailed To His Fan Mail Address. Thanks For Reading And Posting My Comment On Your Blog Tom. Good Luck With Working On The New Seasons Of The 7D Animated TV Series. From Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to purchase a sketch like this

    ReplyDelete
  9. April 11th, 1995 and a year later I was born on the 12th of April the day after that.

    ReplyDelete