Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Crocodile from Peter Pan -- October Sunset, Monte Nido CA

One Friday evening last October, I was driving home along Las Virgenes Road in Monte Nido, CA, and I glanced toward the sunset.  What I saw prompted me to pull my car over and take a few pictures with my iPhone.  I'm not much of a photographer, and I'm not really a cloud aficionado, but this particular sunset sky seemed unique.  To me, the clouds looked a lot like the tick-tocking crocodile from Disney's "Peter Pan."  Or a fire-breathing dragon version of that character.   Anyway, here's the photographic proof that, every now and then, we get some spectacular sunsets here in Southern California. 

 



6 comments:

  1. It's fun the things you can see in clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher GentileJuly 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM

    Hahaha! That made me audibly laugh out loud. Astounding!

    Usually, cloud interpretation is highly subjective - the transposed image shifts from person to person. Though, in this instance, it's one of those rare occasions where the shape of the cloud is indisputable and universal. THAT'S how much it looks like a crocodile.

    Maybe that means it's a sign from the heavens. Look out! A gator uprising is imminent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a bit of imagination, you can see a lot of things in clouds, but this time, this is indisputable.
    And I must say there were a beautiful light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these pictures are truly beautiful. I can definitely see the crocodile. Thanks for taking these Tom.

    ReplyDelete